Sunday, August 12, 2007

Um, where is time going?

Somehow it's now the middle of August. How in the heck did that happen???

Kids go back to school on 9/4 and I've got just about all their school supplies purchased. I just need to get Ian 3 pocket folers and I'm done. Clothes - still need to tie the kids down and make them try things on to see where we stand. I know for sure that both need new gym shoes. I bought Kate some things from Target today (black stretch pants and short sleeved shirts) that she picked out so HOPEFULLY she won't play the "I don't like that, I won't wear it" game.

And why is it the Hello Kitty shirt I bought her in a size 10 (L) is about 2" shorter and 3" narrower than Ian's size S shirt. Most of Kate's shirts were a M (7/8). I think Ian was getting a bit of a complex that his younger sister was wearing bigger sizes than him - until I held the shirt up and both of them saw how SMALL the girls shirt was. But that's another gripe.

What has happened over the last month... we redid our bedroom, which entailed ripping out the carpet, painting the ceiling and walls and refinishing the hardwood floor that was hiding under the carpet. Now the nasty carpet is out of the hallway and to the front door (think sideways "L" shape with the door being at the end of the bottom of the L and the bathroom at the end of the top of the L). Only one more coat of finish and that part of the floor will be done. Painting will be done later as we can't settle on a color. We know we want a brown, but what degree of brown is still up in the air.

Guess that's it for now :)

1 comments:

Velda said...

THERE you are! Lol......sounds like you've been very productive since your trip to chi-town! Good for you...brown is a hard choice, I love our's --- it's Century Brown from walmart...whatever brand of paint that is, I can't remember....good luck in your choices! And your clothing-try-ons lol