and the Twist yarn is sooo soft! And the knitting needles - the photo is like actual size! They are tiny little things :)
While searching Ravelry for more ideas, I found a neat blanket/throw called "Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors", which can be found in the Mason Dixon Knitting book by Kay Gardiner & Ann Shayne. And guess what? My library had the book checked in. Woo!
So, after I picked the kids up from latch key, I drug them to the library where I was able to check out said book (as well as 5 books for Kate and 6 books for Ian).
I also found a pattern from Red Lion Yarn for a throw that's knitted using size *50* needles and 4 strands of yarn at a time. Gauge - 4"=4 stitches. It's huge! Pattern is available for free from the Red Lion website. So I might have to make a trip to JoAnn's or Michaels to get the stuff to make this blankie too :)
But, it's a Stitch-A-Thon on the Cross Stitch Crazy Yuku board, so I'll have to put knitting aside and work on Ghoul's Night Out. It would be great to get Dr. Jeckle stitched up this week. That will leave me with Mr. Werewolf left to finish.
Tonight is our monthly PTO meeting, so there will be no stitching done tonight. Part of me can't wait until my term is done and another part of me will miss having an excuse to be at the school every morning.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
My supplies arrived!
at 11:10 AM
Labels: cross stitch, knitting, pto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
oh I can't wait to see your knitting!!
Post a Comment